LAST YEAR'S ACTIVITIES below.
If you 'd like to offer an interactive activity in 2014, sign up here.
INFO BOOTH/FIRST AID
at Center Street Downtown
Lincoln Street North Shattuck
Sunday Streets celebrates outdoor dining in the streets & cafe-style sidewalk seating!
Check out the FOOD MAP for Restauranteur Specials on the route!
INVITE FRIENDS to Sunday Streets Berkeley on Facebook
FROM ROSE to VINE
- Acroyoga and Hula-Hooping demos by Athletic Playground
- Free Hula-Hooping Classes 11am - 4pm by Hoop Power
- Pedal Powered Music by Rock the Bike
- Twister Games 12-3pm by the Jewish Community Center of the East Bay near Saul's Restaurant & Delicatessen
- Interactive arts & crafts table with scrap reuse materials Sticky Art Lab
- Mah Jongg revival games by Mah Jongg for Everyone
FROM VINE to CEDAR
- Berkeley Chess School table games & giant chess
- Reading Room for all ages by Moe's Books
- The Seratonins 12:30-3pm hosted by M. Lowe & Co.
- Face painting & pumpkin decorating hosted by M. Lowe & Walden Center
- 11:30-noon: Hands-on Science Demo, 1:30--2:00: Caricatures by Archway School
Vine Street Block Party in the Gourmet Ghetto by the North Shattuck Association (not official Sunday Streets Berkeley programming)
- Wine tasting, artisanal food & music
FROM CEDAR to LINCOLN
The Ragged Wing Ensemble (Roving)FROM LINCOLN to VIRGINIA
- Create-with-Nature Zone by Zach Pine 11am - 4pm hosted by ACCI Gallery
- Multidisciplinary arts activities & demos by ACCI Gallery
- Storytelling 11am - 4pm
- Climate Art Ice Installation by Carter Brooks
- UC Berkeley Symphony Orchestra Chamber Ensembles 12pm-3pm
- Colorful beading for kids by Baubles & Beads
FROM VIRGINIA to FRANCISCO
- Free Yoga & Pilates Classes, Live Yogi Music & Free Chair Massage 11am-4pm by Yoga Kula
12 pm Pilates
11.30am-1.30pm Free massage
- Crowden School Performances & Instrument Petting Zoo 11am-4pm
Giant Cardboard Robot by 510 Families
- Bubbles by Berkeley Public Schools Fund
- Free parenting counseling by Rachel Biale
FROM FRANCISCO to DELAWARE
- Toddlers' Music Jam Performance
hosted by Jon's School of Music and the Firehouse North Art Collective
FROM DELAWARE to HEARST
- Bay Area Bike Share! Do you work (or play) in San Francisco? Learn how bike share creates a fantastic last-mile connection. Test ride bike share technology and learn about how to advocate for an excellent bike share system throughout the Bay Area.
- Kids' Bike Rodeo by East Bay Bicycle Coalition
FROM HEARST to BERKELEY WAY
- Hands-on science activities for kids and adults with Science@CAL, UC Berkeley Natural History Museums, & UC Berkeley Astronomy Department
- Hands-on physics demonstrations by the Berkeley Compass Project
- Energy Bio-Sciences Institute interactive table
- Triple Rock Brewery On-site Brewery Tours every hour on the hour & Bluegrass Band
- Street Soccer Games for Kids & Young Adults by Pacific Soccer Training
- Kaiser Permanente Health education
materials and Health Care Reform info
FROM BERKELEY WAY to UNIVERSITY
- Free bike tune-ups (Safety checks & tune-up recs) by Mike's Bikes
- Cargo Bike Test Rides & Demos by Xtracycle
- Bicycle trainer races (stationary) by Missing Link Bicycle Cooperative
- Belly Dancing Troupe Maya & Nanna Candelaria @12pm & kids craft table hosted by Zatar Restaurant
- Middle Eastern Traditional Music & belly dancing 1:30pm
- hosted by the Turkish Kitchen, Led by Daniel Eshoo
- "Alexander's Lost Army" Greek and Rembetica tunes from Smyrna
- Turkish/Anatolian group: The Ancient Echoes Ensemble. Traditional and folk music of Turkey, Armenia and Assyria.
- Belly-dance set by "Byzantium"
FROM UNIVERSITY to ADDISON (West Side)
- Pop-up Parklet by Livable Berkeley
- Free Yoga Classes 11am-4pm by Yoga to the People
- Cello Joe pedal-powered beat boxing
- 11am - Tom Lattanand
- 12 noon - CelloJoe
- 12:30 pm - Bhangra Dancers
- 2 pm - Special Guest!
- 3 pm - Evan Milburn
- 3:30 - Perhapsy
- Clowning Around Balloon Art by Alan Kahn
FROM UNIVERSITY to ADDISON (East Side)
FROM ADDISON to CENTER (West Side)
- Berkeley Rent Board Free housing counseling on landlord/tenant rights and responsibilities.
FROM ADDISON to CENTER (East side)
- Capoeira Arts Foundation 2pm-3pm
- Batala San Francisco 3pm-4pm
- Meet Berkeleyside; learn about NOSH and Berkeley's first festival of ideas, Uncharted
- Games of Berkeley games demos & hula-hoops
- BIKE VALET by East Bay Bicycle Coalition
CENTER STREET (East side)
- Food! Outdoor cafe seating. Drake's Brewing Company beer garden.
FROM CENTER to ALLSTON
- Breaking, Bboying, Bgirling PERFORMANCES 11am - 4pm
B-Side Cipher: Let the Sunshine In!
MC and Hip-Hop Dance Cipher! Featuring Live Hip-Hop bands and Beatmakers including
Orlando Williams (aka) Dj O Aces
ALLSTON (East Side)
- KlezCalifornia Klezmer Music stage
- The Magnes Collection Special Open House
- The David Brower Center Gallery 10 am – 1 pm: Open gallery hours, featured exhibit is Petrochemical America Project Room (FREE)
ALLSTON (West Side)
- City of Berkeley Transportation Division Input opportunity! Identify best/worst facilities for bicycling in the area, best/worst areas to walk, and best/worst areas to park in the City of Berkeley. Also: Learn more about goBerkeley! Launching October 15.
- Alameda County Transportation Commission
- Bubbles, hula hoops, hopscotch, jump rope hosted by City Car Share
FROM ALLSTON to KITTREDGE
- Streets Alive! Live art and map of Utility Box Street Art Walking Tour
- The Marsh Theater performances
- Cal Athletics Hoop Shoot & Oski Bear
- Ecology Center plastics recycling game
- Sierra Club Environmental Art Projects for kids and adults
- City of Berkeley Parks & City of Berkeley Recreation Tot/Pre-K Wee Play Area including active games and crafts for youth under 5 years old. Kids activities for ages 5+: Sports and Games, including Musical Hula Hoops, Dribble Knockout (Basketball), Don’t Touch the Cone (Soccer) and many more! Art and Science Activities including Bubble Fun, Oobleck, Blow Paint Art, and much more!
- Habitot Children's Museum Giant Puppet Parade @2pm, Puppeteering Workshop & Kid's craft activities led by Toni "Tone" Mikulka of Habitot Children's Museum in collaboration with Giant Puppets Save the World & Big Tadoo Puppet Crew. PLUS World's Largest Playdough Ball.
FROM KITTREDGE to BANCROFT
- Filipino Martial Arts by Eskabo Daan and Crossbone FMA
- Manning Music Fiddlers 11am-3pm
- Kids Activities at the Berkeley Public Library
12:15 – Ring Toss station and Temporary Tattoo station – play a game of Ring Toss and get a temporary tattoo! Also, take a picture with one of our book themed cutouts (parents, bring your cameras!)
- Berkeley Disaster Prep Neighborhood Network info and activities
- Red Cross Bay Area hands-only CPR demonstrations and trainings, preparedness
- Tibetan Aid Project
1:00 pm– Mini Storytime – hear a story and sing a song or two! You can still take a picture with one of our book themed cutouts, too! (parents, bring your cameras!)
1:45 pm – One Fish, Two Fish, Magnetic Fish game and Very Hungry Caterpillar Craft
11am - 12pm Kum Nye Classes
12pm - 1pm Children's reading + coloring
12pm - 3pm Live Music
3pm - 4pm Meditation + Chanting
FROM BANCROFT to DURANT
FROM DURANT to CHANNING
- Free bike tune-up recommendations & safety checks by Sports Basement
- Free Zumba Classes by Oscar Solano & friends